Saturday, November 19, 2011

As they once were

I was going through so photos today and to my amazement I came upon this old photo of myself, this picture was taken a few years before I came on my mission, its kinda crazy for me to look back on it, to see the person I once was.

Alot of things have happened since then, I made one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life, I am on a mission, a thing in that point and time had no thought in my mind, I had convinced myself it was not going to happen.

I am here in Niagara Falls this day doing things I never would have thought I would ever be able to do. I have come a long way through all of this, I have changed so much in so little a time. I have also left many things behind, including most of the old me. I am not going to say much of my past, but I feel like it was a time in my life that it felt like I was walking through a dark fog. I had a dark past, something I was not very proud of. I have left that life behind, things these days are not as they once were. I am living my life better than I was then, I have found joy in my life serving those that are around me. I am helping god and myself in ways that I didn't know I could. My life is better than it ever was because I decided to put my trust in god.

One of My favorite passages in the Book of Mormon is in Second Nephi Chapter four, it is right at the time That Lehi dies and Nephi is going through a whole lot of things, a lot of these things have to do with his brothers. I am going to write some of his words.
17 Nevertheless, notwithstanding the great goodness of the Lord, in showing me his great and marvelous works, my heart exclaimeth: O wretched man that I am! Yea, my heart sorroweth because of my flesh; my soul grieveth because of mine iniquities.
Man I just think Nephi is awesome! He has his problems and difficulties, but he is able to look over his problems, his soul grieveth because of his iniquities.

And when I desire to rejoice, my heart groaneth because of my sins; nevertheless, I know in whom I have trusted.
 20 My God hath been my support; he hath led me through mine afflictions in the wilderness; and he hath preserved me upon the waters of the great deep.
 21 He hath filled me with his love, even unto the consuming of my flesh.



I rely on these words so much, this is only a short part of that chapter, and I love it all. It makes me feel so good when I am having a difficult time.  He knows in whom he has trusted.

No comments:

Post a Comment