Saturday, October 8, 2011

Music saved me

When in the darkest, loneliest state, when in times that my soul has been greatly inflicted and I can't find a way to be comforted, it is usually in times of great stress and grief I never would have thought that music would help me find my way out, but those words that I listen on a CD make my heart throb and help me to forget those things that were weighing upon me. I don't mean to put on a negative mood about these things, but I felt like I was in the deepest darkest hole in which I can't find a way out, but when the music came it was as if someone had thrown me a rope to climb out.

 
But this is no ordinary CD, this CD is The Nashville Tribute to the Missionaries "The Work." This CD is done in tribute the the missionaries just as it says, but I feel its so much more than that. There are songs of hope and love, they can provide strength to all the missionaries that need it. I know it can work for others because it has worked miracles for me.

 
I just want to express how some of these songs make me feel.

 
  • Children Go Where I Send Thee
This version of this song is a bit different than some of the other ones out there, it's the same tune with a little difference in the lyrics. I think that it's a good tune that talks alot of missionary work. 10 for the 10 commandments, 9 for the miles we ride our bikes, 8 for the girl who just wouldn't wait, 7 for the prayers we send up to heaven, 6 for the books that we call sticks, 5 for Alma who came back alive, 4 for the 4 who stood at the door, 3 for the tree in Lehi's dream, 2 for Alma and Amulek, 1 for the little bitty baby. I might not have the Lyrics all that close, but I figured I would work with what I had.
  • I Was Born
This Song is important to me because it talks of so many people around the world coming together to accomplish the same thing, doing the work of the Lord. There are so many people in the world who need to hear the gospel, we are here to give that message to them. It also reminds us of our heritage, That we are all sons and daughters of God and that he wants us, each one of us, all of us to know how much he loves us.
  • Bless My Son
This song is for everyone out there, every single one of us that are missionaries. It makes me feel as if im not so alone in the world, because it reminds me of my mother and I know she's praying for me every single day. It gives me alot of hope.
  • Work
Work, you don't have to say nothing else, it truely says it all. WORK. This is the song that says that you just have to keep on working.
  • In A Letter Home
This is the song that first got my attention when I listened to the whole CD, the first few words were the ones that got me hooked. What was being said rang true to me, I kinda understood what this missionary was going through, trying to mend the mistakes of the past to build a better future. It took him alot to get himself there, it was hard way in, but he received strength though a simple letter home. Keep writing to the missionaries,you don't know what great things it will do for them.
  • Knock
This is a story of how one particular man was found by the missionaries, he looked through the peephole and he saw two missionaries standing on his doorstep, how was he to know it was going to change his life forever. how was he to know who they were and what they were about, he decided to trust them, when he has no reason to let them in, he decides to give them a chance. To see if its really worth it he puts his life into their hands because they know he needs the truth in his life.
  • Hardest Thing I Ever Loved To Do
This song kind of goes in a storyline of a missionary's mission from start to finish. It starts as the young missionary says goodbye to his mother and walks away. I have got to say that was one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life, walk away from my mother and the rest of my family and not look back. I did it because I wanted to be able to serve, I thought it would make a difference in my life and it truely has, I don't know where I would be without it. So it's inspiring to me to hear about this young missionaries experience because I can do just as much as he did.

This is Just a basic list of the Songs that I know at the moment, there will be a full list in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment